Aims & Objectives
The stated aim of the Association is to provide printer users with proven high quality products, through its members, that are cost effective environmentally friendly alternatives to imported toner cartridges.
What is UKCRA?
The aims of the Association are, as a mutual organisation and for the benefit of its members to provide printer users with proven high quality products, through its members, that are cost effective environmentally friendly alternatives to imported cartridges.
1. To set and administer quality assurance standards and to continue to search for means to improve cartridge remanufacturing and customer service practices.
2. To increase market awareness and promote the use of recycled products.
3. To provide a forum for exchange of technical and user demands between Association Members.
4. To institute and support positive legislative and other measures in the interest of cartridge users.
5. To provide mediation between the user and any Association member.
1. Any company, division of a company, or individual whose principal business is the remanufacture of non-impact printer cartridges in the UK may apply for membership.
2. A member must abide by the Articles of Association
3. A member must abide by the uniform minimum code of remanufacturing process.
4. Voting shall be on a one member one vote basis.
5. A member must have product liability insurance.
6. A member must accept mediation by the committee in disputes with customers.
7. A member must conform to the environmental recycling code.
8. A member must conform to all relevant local waste disposal regulations.
9. A member must conform to the labelling and packaging standards.
10. Membership to companies or individuals who have been liquidated or forced into bankruptcy, or if a significant portion of their business is the supply of materials other than finished goods to other remanufacturers, may be declined.
11. Members will be required to have a bona fide warranty system in place.
12. A member may be removed from membership by virtue of non-payment of dues or for cause by a vote of two thirds of the members present at any meeting to which said member shall have been invited, such invitation to have been extended at least thirty days prior to that meeting.