How to set up a Recycling Scheme
If you wish to set up your own recycling scheme, UKCRA members will consider buying your used cartridges. In order to guarantee that a used cartridge can be re-used successfully, certain guidelines are recommended:
On Inkjet Cartridges - There are inkjet cartridges that are more easily reusable than others.
- Please either pack in their original packaging or protect from being damaged in transit.
- List by quantity, manufacturers brand and printer model or cartridge number.
- Indicate when listing if cartridges are first time used originals or third party bands as this will affect the price offered.
On Toner Cartridges - There are laser toner cartridges that are more popular - ones such Hewlett Packard and many colour toner kits (QMS/Tektronics/HP) that are more wanted by remanufacturers than other brands.
- Please protect each cartridge as best you can. Pack in their original packaging including any roller covers (such as those that are included with colour toners like the QMS Magic Color II's,Tektronic 740, etc.). The best way to ensure this is done is when you are setting up your recycling schemes, ask that any insert or covering that is removed from the new cartridge is reattached to the used one being removed). Include sufficient padding to protect cartridge from damage in transit
- List by brand, reference number and quantity
- Indicate if cartridge has been recycled before as this affects the price that will be offered
When you have a sufficient number listed, please email us and those companies who are interested in quoting for what you have will contact you direct.